Amazon is likely to launch its much publicized Kindle Tablet on 28th September. But how good is it? The five things given below will throw light to it.
- Android OS – After much speculation, now it is clear that the tablet will run on Android although it is yet to be confirmed on which version. Its look will also be different.
- Smaller screen – The screen will be 7-inch capacitive touch display with backlit, full color, without the e-ink technology.
- Simple hardware – The Amazon Kindle will have none of the hardware, capable enough to run like a mobile computer. At present, it will only have Wi-Fi and the 3G facility might come later.
- Reliance on the Amazon’s cloud service – Apart from ebooks, Amazon will use it promote and deliver its MP3 Store, Amazon movie streams etc through it.
- Low price – Amazon believes that the low price of the Kindle Tablet will be its high point.