Almost two years ago, we covered one way of requesting inclusion into Bing News. That method was basically sending them an email. I personally tried it and have not succeeded, but honestly, I haven’t tried all that hard.
A couple of months, Jian from Microsoft, posted a thread at Bing Support explaining the process of requesting inclusion into Bing News. Here is that process:
To submit your site to Bing News, please open a Bing support ticket at support.discoverbing.com/default.aspx.
When contacting support, please let the team know that you would like to be included in Bing News and include the following information:
1. Provide an introduction, historical background, and credentials of the site.
2. Credible ranking of the site in its field, if any.
3. Name the locale (or audience scope) the site’s stories cover for. Provide the state/city names + zip codes or describe the groups of users.
4. Provide statistics on the site.
5. Is the site mostly news related? Please explain.
6. Provide the URL of main news entry point as well as the entry points of major channels.
7. RSS link to the site.
8. Does the site comply with the technical requirements on the Webmaster Tool blog about “good” search engine optimization?
Hope this helps some good publishers out there!Tags: Bing, Marketing, Microsoft, Search Engine Optimization