Kobo, a global leader in eReading with more than 4 million users worldwide, announced today that Swindon Book Co. Ltd. in Hong Kong is rolling out the revolutionary new Kobo eReader Touch Edition effective immediately. The Kobo eReader Touch Edition is an advanced touch screen eReader that is setting new standards for size, comfort and functionality, while giving the eReading community a book-like read, only better.
Swindon Book Co. Ltd. is Hong Kong‘s premier English language bookstore and has partnered with Kobo to bring eReading to their customers. The Kobo Wireless eReader launched in all nine Swindon retail locations and online in December 2010. The introduction of the new Kobo eReader Touch Edition provides customers with their choice of eReading experience and price level.
“The availability of the Kobo eReader Touch Edition in Swindon Book Company marks the first Chinese locations where consumers can see, try and buy our state-of-the-art device,” said Todd Humphrey, Executive Vice President of Business Development , Kobo. “Like Kobo, Swindon is passionate about reading and helping customers explore and embrace their reading preferences. We’re excited to expand Swindon’s eReading offerings for their customers.”
“Our partnership and the new Kobo eReader Touch Edition enables avid reading customers to engage in eReading on a whole new level,” said Chris Li, Swindon Book Co. Ltd. “Kobo’s new device is sure to attract attention and be a new favorite of the growing Hong KongeReading community.”
As part of the local launch, Swindon will offer customers an interactive Kobo eReader Touch experience by hosting a Kobo booth in the eBooks and eLearning Resources area at the upcoming Hong Kong Book Fair 2011 (July 20 – 26).
Kobo eReader Touch Edition features include:
- An iconic, striking new design with Pearl 6″ E Ink screen
- Read for up to one month on a single charge
- Slimmer, lighter than the competition and the perfect size to fit in pocket, purse or backpack
- Easy-to-use and the ultimate in comfort with Kobo’s signature quilted back – read for hours without strain
- Infrared touch technology for fast page turns with a simple tap or swipe, long press highlights and look up, zoom and rotate
- A single home button that eliminates clutter so users can focus on reading
- Intuitive browsing – readers can navigate quickly through entire chapters or entire library
- Customizable – seven font styles and 25 font sizes, adjustable margins and line spacing
- Bookmark where you last left off or bookmark several places for reference
- Read across devices and pick up from the last page read with Kobo’s synched bookmark technology
- Read almost any format – supports the most content of any eReader
- Get started reading quickly with 15 free hand-picked book previews of the hottest new books
- Borrow and read eBooks from the local public library
- Out-of-the-box storage for over 1,000 eBooks; up to 30,000 with an expandable SD card
- Earn awards for time spent reading and discover reading stats with Kobo Reading Life
Kobo has continued to advance eReading for consumers around the world, bringing flexibility, selection and philanthropic initiatives to inspire reading. The company’s eBook Store lets consumers browse and shop 2.4 million of today’s best sellers, newspapers and magazines plus more than 1 million free classics – all merchandised with the tastes and preferences of the eReading community in mind. In addition to the Kobo Wireless eReader & Kobo eReader Touch Edition, Kobo offers free downloadable eReading apps for popular smartphones, tablets and computers. The company has recently launched their Read On Revolution initiative, which gives back to local communities based on reading milestones achieved in the One Trillion Minute Challenge.
Tags: Apps, Entertainment